Period Correct Clothing to Fit Your Style…
- Bodice and Skirt based on English Merchant class influence on Scottish styles.
- Basic Gathered Chemise (also a great nightgown)
- Machine sewn inner seams
- Hand finished (hems, edging, and eyelets)
- Matching handmade Lucetted cording
- Brushed cotton was used for comfort and washability
- This project was the first “garb” I made for my Mom (the model, Hi Mom!) who wanted something “elegant” to wear to Scottish clan gatherings and for English Country and Scottish Country Dance events. When I started researching historic Scottish clothing, I soon realized that none of it matched my Mom’s idea of “elegant” so I broadened the search and found this look that would be flexible with the variations I included
- Bodice is reversible to slate blue side to go with an Arisaid (women’s plaid)
- I later made a velvet skirt and reversible velvet “cover” for the bodice to have a fancier option, I love finding ways to make clothes more practical!