Period Correct Clothing to Fit Your Style…
- Tudor Gown of cotton brocade and faux fur
- Forepart and Undersleeves of cotton mattelasse
- Cotton twill lining
- Machine sewn inner seams
- Hand finished (hems, edging, and overcasting on eyelets)
- Cotton was used for comfort and washability- this gets worn when it is much hotter than old England
- This project was the first Tudor Gown I made with patterns drafted from the Tudor Tailor and modified as needed for fit, support, and comfort
- This is one project for my A&S 50 Challenge, 50 things from my stash, since all the fabrics aside from the fur were already in my stash…
Inspiration for 1530 Tudor Gown
Fur foldback sleeves and lots of construction detail!
Example of velvet overgown and patterned undergown and sleeves.
Example of patterned overgown- velvet as option for turnbacks on sleeves- later puff pattern for chemise.