Period Correct Clothing to Fit Your Style…
This regency bodiced petticoat was rare in period but can support a smaller bust or when a corset is not wanted. This can be a more comfortable alternative because the tightest fit is right at the underbust waistline and then raises the bust from that point. This garment combines the lift of a soft short corset and the necessary petticoat into one garment.
- Cotton Bodiced Petticoat creates supportive underlayer
- Machine sewn inner seams
- Hand finished (hems, edging, and hooks and eyes)
- Pin tucks and ruffle support hem and help it stand out to support skirts
- Cotton was used for comfort and washability
- This project was the first support garment I made for my Mom, who wears this for English Country, Scottish Country, and Contra Dance events. It is better than any sports bra for active wear!
- The second one was made for another lady who wanted no part of a corset!